- Reduce, reuse, and recycle... Save money and divert waste from local landfills!
- Buy minimally packaged goods
- Take shorter showers and turn off tap water when brushing teeth
- Turn on dishwasher only when full and don't use heat to dry dishes
- REPLACE LIGHT BULBS!
- Replace old appliances with newer and more energy efficient models
- Eat less meat, poultry, and fish
At Work/On the Go
- Always use reusable cups, forks, and knives
- Avoid traffic jams as much as possible
- Think before you travel... Save money and reduce CO2 emissions by seeing if a conference call will suffice
- Drive a fuel-efficient vehicle
- Bike and walk whenever possible
- Use mass transit
The biggest way you can make a difference is by speaking up. Talk to your friends and family to make sure everyone is making good decisions when it comes to their carbon footprint! You never know when you could inspire someone to make a difference.